Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I got 99 Problems but my ABS ain’t one!!!!




I refuse to use my Stomach as a Wastebasket!
“What Affects the Mind, Effects the Body” The famous questions “how do you get your abs?” My famous answer is it’s made in the kitchen. So a clean eating diet will not only have you feeling great but will also keep you focus and looking your best.
 "Timing is everything," focused on the message that eating MORE and not less is the key to a faster metabolism, a.k.a. losing weight. When you eat, however, is just as important as what you eat.

I rarely do crunches!!!.
These abs come from mainly eating clean.
As I have preached time and time again- the best foods to eat every third hour (for a total of 5 or 6 meals a day) in order to see sustained weight loss.

You may have heard my phrase, "My abs is season in the kitchen." And I admit I never truly believed this statement. It wasn't until I began clean eating that I found out for myself that- YES!- eating clean can give you definition in your midsection. Is it Magic!

The plan for eating clean is pretty simple. While Training is always encouraged to achieve the physique you want, the foods you eat are 80% of your results.
It may seem like a lot at first- but you must eat every 2-3 hours for a total of 5 or 6 meals a day. Each meal should be primarily a lean protein (especially if you are hitting the gym on a regular basis!), along with vegetables and a complex carb source.

I regularly post my eating plans on Facebook and Twitter - but the general idea is as follows:


Breakfast (within first hour of waking up) - Oatmeal (so many variations - be creative!) Or fruit with scrambled egg whites and veggies.

Mid-Morning – Almonds or a Whey protein drink made with water or 1 ounce of almond milk.

Lunch - Lean chicken, fish or turkey (6 ounces) with vegetables (salad, soup or steamed!) and 1/2 cup brown rice or 1 medium sweet potato.

Afternoon - 2 or 3 rice cakes with 1 tablespoon of  Almond Butter and an apple is a personal favorite. If I'm particularly hungry, 4-6 ounces of lean meat or fish with a large serving of veggies (feels like a 2nd lunch!) always keeps me full and tames those afternoon cravings.

Dinner - If you prefer, dinner can be 4 to 6 ounces of meat with vegetables again (just like lunch) or go for By this time or day, it is wiser to stay away from starchy foods.

Nighttime - This last meal can be tricky- I am craving sweets usually at this time of day. And unless I am training for a special event, I am not one to scrambled egg whites with vegetables. If this is your thing, then go for it! Otherwise, sweet and salty nuts will help or better yet your favorite caffeine free tea that sweet to the taste. For me I love Vanilla Chi Tea or a calm tea.
Although it does take some adjusting, eating clean is a gradual lifestyle change that will lead you to that body you see on magazine covers and in fitness motivation images. Good Luck with your changes- and let me know how it goes!!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

AMERICA'S MANSION said...

I wish more than just my eyes could see this post. Much like yourself, my abs are a product of solid and correct eating. People think that I spend a lot of time training abs, when I do nothing of the sort. Of course they get trained indirectly from the type of lifting that I do but they maintain their condition because of my diet and of course my metabolism :) This is a great post and will definitely inspire others to bypass just the training aspect and focus on the nutrition...we are what we eat.

Lee Lee said...

Hi Yolanda: I just came across your page by way of instagram. I think you and your story is amazing. Thank you for this post. I started clean eating about two weeks ago. I haven't been perfect, but I am learning. This post gives me a guideline to follow and I thank you for this. Thanks for being an inspiration.

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review